Monday, February 7, 2011

Sketch-away...

In an effort to capture the figure in all its moods and changes, I have developed a rapid way of working with watercolours.  It enables me to record the elusive pose that I see out of the corner of my eye. 

I begin by asking the model to twist, turn and stretch as she pleases.  In the split second that she moves from one position to the next, I see the pose that has eluded me.  I then cry, go back, turn again and stop when I tell you…now turn your head away, look over your shoulder…now hold it at that…hold, hold, hold…just a few seconds more.  Now you can relax. 



My sketch, alive and dripping, is down on paper!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Somehow, it is alive and the colours are beautiful; like wet pebbles on the bed of a river.

    ReplyDelete