Saturday, February 12, 2011

Today’s Portrait Class

A story handed down from my grandparent’s time, is of their family doctor who opened his evening surgeries by announcing to those in his waiting room, “If there’s anybody here with rheumatism, they can go home.  I’ve got it myself and there’s nothing I can do about it.”

I make a similar opening announcement to those that attend my art classes…If there’s anyone here wanting to learn technique, they can go home.  I do not have a magic formula; I paint what I see with a passion.  It’s as simple as that!  All I can do is waft into a flame the latent creative fervour that lies smouldering within you.


My sitter for today’s portrait session was ninety-year-old Clifford Corriette.  His wonderful features gave my students a rare challenge, to which they responded with aplomb.  

3 comments:

  1. With ninety years of life on his face, Clifford must have been the perfect model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole lifetime of experience to capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visit your brother's blog and have now another place to enjoy. Peace from Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete