Monday, March 21, 2011

From one skill to another…

On Saturday, I was extolling the virtues of working from the live model for art students, on Thursday I will be extolling the virtues of production line design and development for manufacturers.   In switching from one skill to another, I remain true to the spirit of the Renaissance artists, engineers and architects that went before me.  

To test my metal, so to speak, a sheared shaft at the island's bakery has once again kept me in my machine shop (first door on the right; studio, first door on left) since this morning.  It is therefore fitting that today’s pictures are of my machines rather than my model.
 

 Here I am cutting a keyway on a machine that is as old as I am.  Luckily, we both still going strong.
  

In this picture, from left to right, can be seen my vertical milling machine, centre lathe and horizontal mill.  Many more machines are out of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment