Saturday, March 5, 2011

Portrait tit for tat…

At my last portrait class, one of my students stealthily made a lightening sketch of me.  At today’s class, I turned the tables and made a lightening sketch of him.  Ziggy, one of my star students, is presently studying architecture.   But let me tell you, if he continues to develop his talents as an artist, the rest of the world had better look out!

Being Carnival weekend I was in two minds whether to cancel today’s class.  However, when I suggested this option to my students, their response was not so much “Don’t Stop The Carnival” but “Don’t Stop The Art Class”.  Never before have I had the pleasure to teach such a dedicated and enthusiastic group. 

I wish thank Heather, who came along to find out more about modelling and ended up modelling for our final session.  



Here's my portrait of Ziggy and Ziggy's portrait of me - with Ziggy in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment