Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work in progress…

On the sculptural front, my work in progress is the bas-relief shown yesterday and in earlier diary pages (July 20th and July 28th).   Had someone commissioned the work, I might have been bound, by way of a drawing or maquette, to a foregone conclusion.  But as things stand, I’ve no one to please but myself.  I can make changes as the mood takes me.

Thus, true to form, I am improvising on my theme as I go along.  Just supposing, for instance, I fill the blank areas of the relief with rough line sketches of the figure in different poses, similar to the drawing below.  Or, how about scratching in a couple of lines of verse? 


The photograph focuses on a detail of the figure in its present rough form.  As always, the challenge will be to avoid refining.  The suggestion of the breast is worth more than the breast in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment