Wednesday, November 20, 2013

He died from too much living


When I am finally called upon to embellish the gates of heaven with angles, kindly remember to chip on my grave stone, “He died from too much living”.   In the hereafter, rather than resting in peace, I hope to be up to as many tricks as I have been in this world.

One of my daughters once screamed at me to, “Get a life!”  Well, if I haven’t had a life, I don’t know who has.  Set against your average eighteen year old, I’m living life as if there's no tomorrow. 


It is therefore refreshing to occasionally meet an eighteen year old who is likewise, bubbling with life like crazy.  Such was my good fortune when I was recently booked to give a talk to students at the Dominica State College.  Regardless of the arrangements made beforehand, there was no one to meet me or set up the auditorium. 


To my rescue came an unforgettable biology student by the name of Umarie, henceforward known as “Frazzy” on account of her zany hair style.  With the words, “leave it to me”, she literally dragged her fellow students in by the scruff of the neck. 


She afterwards volunteered to sit for one of my portrait classes.  Thank you Frazzy,  you’ll take pride of place amongst the my angles.  In the meantime, here’s the five-minute demonstration sketch that I made of her.


PS. Come back again, you kept my students awake!

2 comments:

  1. Too much living or not, you'll never die. Indestructible, that's you. Good to catch up with you again. And a little bit of family news - Alexander is getting married on June 21 next year. Is there any point in sending you an invite to the wedding - do you have a passport still.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow :) i cant believe my face is on the blog of roger burnett! i still have it posted onou're wonering my wall in case y

    ReplyDelete