Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Super awesome

My task as an artist is to arouse others, in the hope that they arouse me.

When excitement takes hold, the viewer’s response is usually couched in simple and direct language. I’ve had a conservative businessman confess that he was gob-smacked on first seeing my work. Wow is a frequent exclamation and a confession of love is a close second.

A couple of days ago when I suggested to one of my models the possibility of modelling for a piece of sculpture, her e-mailed response was, OMG that sounds super awesome. Yes, I’d love to do that.

For almost two years I’ve put sculpture on a slow back burner and kept my paintings up front on the fast burner. My water colours are spontaneous whereas a piece of sculpture takes months to come to fruition.

While I ponder over the super awesome possibility of returning to my work as a sculptor, I’ll leave you with a recent painting of Tashani.


No comments:

Post a Comment