Saturday, February 4, 2017

If only the virtual was reality

In a recent post I lamented on the increase of virtual visitors to my studio, as against a decrease in actual visitors. But now that my diary pages have been added to the world’s top 50 sculpture blogs, I suppose I shouldn’t complain.

To get a taste the other 49 top sculpture blogs go to: 
http://blog.feedspot.com/sculpture_blogs/

I am sure that by now there must be virtual models. But regardless, I’ll stick to the real living and breathing thing, notwithstanding that this week I’ve been without model due to my ever-faithful Annabelle being down with the flue.

Thirty years ago two of my models, Pearl and Pearline, were identical twins. This might appear to be a handy solution to bouts of flue, etc. However, to the critical eye of the painter and sculptor, identical twins are not as identical as they appear at first glance.

Here is Pearline in pastel and Peal in red Conte Crayon.





No comments:

Post a Comment